10 Minutes With DOLONDOLO | By Edward Fortune

He’s young and very dynamic in his own ways. Music is his pain and passion and that’s why ROBERT EZE EBUBE a.k.a DOLONDOLO would never consider quitting music for anything. I was privileged to hangout with him for 10 minutes and the whole drive to know what exactly DOLONDOLO means was one of the reasons I went in search of this humble, jovial and very determined dude. Enjoy my small chat with the 'KONKO MANAMANA' crooner himself….
DOLONDOLO, WHAT EXACTLY DOES THAT MEAN?
Dolondolo means struggle or keep pushing based in the Igbo term 'Ndolo Ndolo'. But also it means 'My style" because it defines me..

WHATS BEEN HAPPENING TO YOU MUSICALLY?
Well I have  been in the studio working. Though I had to take time out to finish school and be done with. Thank God its over now and am here now. Lets say I have  been doing my underground assignment to take my place in the Music industry.

YOUR NEW SONG, EXPLAIN THE WHOLE CONCEPT.
 Hmm, well I would say am dropping a couple of songs back to back. But my first single is titled 'Konko Manamana' meaning Dance Hard. Its a dance and feel good song, Just to make you feel good and understand more of my slangs such as “Rumba” and the rest..(if u ve listened to the song,you would understand what i mean..)

YOUR STYLE OF MUSIC, WHATS IT CALLED?
I would say its Afro Pop but as an artiste, versatility should be a necessity for you to be exceptional and I love all genres of music so I listen wide as long as it feels good,I wanna do it. So permit me to say I do feel good music..

WHAT'S NEXT FOR YOU?
Like I said, am working so much in the studio, recording songs.Meeting producers and various artists. I  have worked with Rayce, Ice prince, Dtunes , Chopstix and still planning on doing more. Am also running promotions and planning on touring around the country pretty soon. Maybe later I would love to go into movies because I am very good in acting and mimicking stuff. But right now I am basically focused on my music

YOUR REAL NAMES?
Eze Robert Ebube and I'm from Enugu State

MUZIC FOR YOU, WHATS THE DRIVE?
My drive is my emotion. Because to me music is my passion, pleasure and pain.When I am happy, I define it in my music and when am sad I do the same. I just wana do music no matter what. So I would say what drives me in music is my emotion. I just love music no matter what.



NOTE: This interview was conducted by Edward Fortune; the Editor of Nigeria's leading campus magazine, ACADA Magazine. He also as a publicist for a good number of Nigerian artistes.

Comments