Interview With Vector

More as a science oriented word, people find your stage name fascinating. How did you come about it?

Vector: Like you guessed I got the name from class… I was just listening that fateful day and the name came up.

Does your music portray your personality as an individual?

Vector: Yes it does! Most times in a way I don’t intend it to *laughs* you can’t really hide who you are now can you?

*laughs* Yeah, I guess you can’t hide who you are. Your early foray into the industry drew comparisons with rap greats, most notably Jay Z. How did you react to that?

Vector: Well I saw it as a little of both positive and negative. As I got fans and haters for the same reason, I just did not allow it get to me in a detrimental way.

How was your experience working with industry heavyweights, 9ice and 2 Face?

Vector: Marvellous time in the laboratory! They both represented true and legendary qualities from how they handled the production to how they related and made the session very productive

With the number of collaborations that come your way, how do you find time for other artistes and you personal projects?

Vector: The truth is its a little complex trying to tell how I manage it but on the other hand music is something I really enjoy making so its all fun; especially when its with fellow very talented acts.

Many arguably say your wordplay is the best in the game of present. How does the inspiration to manipulate words come to you?

Vector: My mum usually told a story of how when I was a kid she came to the living room and asked if I had tidied my home work while I was watching cartoons and I replied “Enh!”, instead of “Yes Ma” and she said “Oo Gba Eko”; which means “you have refused polite training” and I replied while I was still glued to the TV set, “there is Eko in the fridge”. For those who don’t know Eko means solidified pap; she told it a while ago and it dawned on the that I had been word playing since I was a kid hence why it feels really comfortable doing it now. Cool story aye? *laughs*

Should I get you a blanket? *laughs* Since your breakthrough in the industry with so many plaudits coming your way, what has been the highlight of your career thus far?

Vector: I want to think and believe I haven’t reached to the ‘highlight’ of my career yet or ‘thus far’ like you said.

I believe so too and also believe your second studio album is in your works or the in “laboratory” like you say, when should we expect it to be released?

Vector: Sometime this year, I’m looking at selling my birth month to the team but all the same we’re almost good to go as we are selecting.

What would you change about the Nigerian music industry, if you had the power to?

Vector: Seriously there is a lot to be changed. I cannot start to count or mention them.

As a new skool rap artiste how would you describe the journey and growth of the nigerian industry till present?

Vector: Its been fast yet slow though. I guess that’s life in this circle you know, improved and still improving as nothing is perfect.

Culled from Tooxclusive
www.tooxclusive.com/2012/05/23/interview-ogagus-chats-with-vector/

Comments

  1. Good article. I will be facing some of these issues as well.
    .

    Also visit my web site :: Free Games

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this blog. I really hope to view the same high-grade blog posts by you later on as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my own blog now ;)

    My weblog Play Batman Games

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a comment