The toilet seat has acquired an unfair reputation as the dirtiest item in the average household. But scientists say there are far filthier places in our house, some of them where we least expect.
1) Kitchen Sink - Most think otherwise, but the kitchen might be the dirtiest place in your home. There are typically 500,000 bacteria per square inch in the sink drain alone.
2) Light Switch - Over the years your dirty hands contribute to 217 bacteria per square inch.
3) Door Knobs - As mentioned before, the hands are one of the dirtiest parts of the human body. Touching door knobs, which are also rarely every cleaned, transfers the germs and bacteria from everyone else who has touched that knob to your hand.
4) Computer Keyboard - Be sure to spray your keyboard with compressed air and wipe clean with a cloth and mild detergent. In a random study of 33 keyboards, four were health hazards.
5) Money - The Health Commissioner for New York found 135,000 bacteria from washing one bill and 126,000 from another. Make sure to thoroughly wash your hands any time you handle money directly.
6) Kitchen Sponge - The crevices in sponges make it difficult to disinfect and users are generally just transferring bacteria from one place to another. An easy remedy is to microwave the sponge for approximate 60 seconds, and it will improve odor too!
7) Refrigerator Handle - Since nobody ever cleans fridge handles the bacteria stays and has a lot of time to multiple and grow.
Mobile phone - It is so widely used that it contains more than 18 times the harmful germs that your toilet flush handle. This is available for your house telephone too.
You should clean and disinfect it often using antibacterial tissues.
9) TV Remote - Add to that the SARS, MRSA and VRE bacteria that is easily transferable by touching TV remotes. Hotels are notorious for this, so be sure to wrap it in plastic during your next stay.
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @simplysamad for more exciting gist, photos, interviews, reviews, jokes, quotes and other entertaining content | BB pin: 2B3D28E3.
By: SAMOD BIOBAKU