Ice Prince Shares a Lesson in Humility


If a list of prominent Nigerian artistes who have managed their fame and careers successfully without losing focus was to be drawn up, such a list would contain quite an array of names and one act whose name would arguably make the top 10 would be Ice Prince.

Besides his musical talent, the rapper is largely considered a favourite in the books of critics and industry watchers and this he has achieved by remaining focused, humble, hardworking and consistent in his craft and delivery.

The award-winning rapper who has a BET award to his collection of plaques recently shared some of his recipe for professional consistency and longevity.

He made it clear that he doesn’t consider himself a superstar.

“I still see myself as an up and coming musician. I still see myself as having not arrived yet. It’s not even about humility. That is how a man should see himself. I don’t think as a human being you should ever get to a place that you believe you have arrived. That’s why I still see myself as up and coming.”

With a quick reference to Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote, Ice Prince affirmed that staying level-headed was a crucial ingredient to staying relevant.

“I don’t think Dangote thinks he is the richest African. That’s why he’s still making money. You shouldn’t believe that you have gotten there yet because that is the way down - you get me?” he asked rhetorically.



Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @simplysamad for more exciting gist, photos, interviews, reviews, jokes, quotes and other entertaining content | BB pin: 2B3D28E3.
By: SAMOD BIOBAKU

Comments