Nollywood Actress, Lizzy Anjorin Reveals Why She Fell Sick While Shooting Her New Movie, 'Miss Kofo Tinubu'


Are you aware that popular Yoruba actress, Lizzy Anjorin's new movie, 'Miss Kofo Tinubu' has been released and that she actually fell sick while on location?

Well, now you do and in the movie, Lizzy Anjorin explores a side of her acting potentials that comes with very peculiar challenges.
We had a chat with the actress prior to the eventual wrap-up of the movie and this was hoe the interview went:

 How did you endure the physical strain of dancing like an imbecile in your new movie?
The truth is that once I get on stage, I become a different person entirely. It is like an absolute transformation.

So, what did the doctor recommend for you when you fell sick during hectic demands of the shoot?
The doctor prescribed certain drugs. I was really sick because the movie was very challenging. Since I started acting, this movie remains the most challenging I have ever done.

And since when have you been acting professionally?
I started acting in 2002.

What makes it more interesting is the fact that it is your own film
Yes it is. We are used to writing stories and making movies on love, crime and others like that but this time, I decided to pick a movie about something totally different. We have these category of people in our society; imbeciles. I wanted to give them a portion of the love in my heart. The movie reveals another part of me entirely different from the Lizzy Anjorin people have come to know.

Lizzy Anjorin speaks about the story line of her new movie
Dejo appears in a sitting room; working on a laptop when his girlfriend calls him to dinning table and interestingly, they are both imbeciles. His girlfriend in the movie (Miss Kofo Tinubu) had boasted about her cooking, saying “Demo bobo, Akanni Ade, o ti ready… wo; Ogufe to lawo (which in Yoruba translates into initially hailing her lover and then saying the meat she had prepared for him was one with enough flesh and skin.
They end up in an argument and her lover goes to the r girl’s parents and informs them that he is no longer interested in the relationship. When the girl’s parents ask him why he wants to end therelationship, he explains that he has plans to contest for the office of a councilor in his town and that if he wins, their daughter would not be able to sit in the same gathering with the likes of Jonathan.
They eventually break up and the girl’s parents try to find the girl another lover by inviting suitors over to the house. They announced that whoever eventually emerges my husband would get N50million and a house in Lekki in Lagos while whoever brought the winner to the house would get a separate N10million prize.
On the d-day, suitors came and I admired a dwarf amongst them but I asked if he could be made to be taller. At the end of the day, I didn’t get to marry anyone of them.
Along the line, some of my dad’s workers made me dance in public and this won me a lot of public exposure and I was eventually arrested.
I eventually got married to a man who spotted me while dancing in public. He was a very handsome man and he loved me unconditionally. It is comedy flick with a very important message at the centre of it all.

Who wrote the script?
I did

How long did it take to shoot the movie?
Let’s say a month.

 Why did you choose the title, ‘Miss Kofo Tinubu?’
You know I’m from Lagos State. I’m a Lagosian and I’m proud to be one.

We are now having a trend where Nigerians in the Diaspora shoot Nigerian movies outside the country. How would you describe this?
It is a good development. It goes a long way to show that we still have Nigerians who have something good to bring back to Nigeria. It shows they are truly patriotic.

Where locations did you use for Miss Kofo Tinubu?
We shot the movie in Abeokuta and Lagos.

Comments