KAREN IGHO SPEAKS WITH SAMOD BIOBAKU


LUCRATIVE BOOBS
I don’t care if they say I’ve got fake boobs…it cost me millions – Karen Igho




By Samod Biobaku
Sixthsense34@yahoo.com
With nothing less than ten tattoos spread around mouth-watering parts of her body and a breast implant that costs over N1 million, Karen Igho has established for herself; a naughty-girl reputation that continues to weave a cocoon of controversy around her expanding personality.
On November 13, 2007, Igho spent a whooping £5, 250 on her breasts at MYA (Make Yourself Amazing); a surgical cosmetic group in London where she had a breast implant that transformed her breasts from a size 32BB to a size 36DD.
“I had the operation on November 13, 2007. My breasts are 1 year 150 days old today. When I came back to Nigeria, people wanted to know if it was too heavy for me. They asked if they could feel it. I tell them its just breast; every woman can have it perky. We don’t have to live with sagging boobs anymore.”
Speaking with SimplySamad, 25-year-old Igho (April 6) opened up on the challenges that have come with her new look, her aspirations and insists that she has no regrets whatsoever.
“Investing in my boobs makes me happy and that’s all that counts. I don’t believe I have to be 40 with four kids and sagging breasts before I can get my dream boobs. I’m proud I was able to get the body I desired at 23. It’s the jet age. It’s like getting a Prada purse or buying a house-it makes you happy so you invest in it. It was worth it. The most important thing is that I am happy about it
Did you google me? (After the reporter answered in the affirmative), she says: So, what did they say about Karen? What’s the story? (Before the reporter could even respond, she answered the question herself with another question) That I’ve got fake boobs? I know.
I did. Why should I hide it? It cost me over one million Naira and I make good money with it.”
Igho hails from Delta State but life as she recalls today started in Jos. “I was born and bred in Jos. I am from a big family. I attended an all Girls Federal Government Secondary School in Jos. Then I attended Southwalk College in London where I studied Theatre Arts.”
The temptation to label Igho’s investment a wasteful venture might loom but she makes it clear that she has never had any regrets about spending a fortune on her boobs.
“I invest my money the way I deem fit. Apart from the fees for the surgery, I had to pay 250 pounds every night to recuperate. Surgery makes you weak so I needed to stay back so that the nurses could take care of me. So, apart from the 4000 pounds, I paid 250 pounds every night for five nights.
I am a confident girl; with or without the boobs. I am pretty but I needed cleavage. I needed to feel more curvaceous. I totally feel comfortable and sexy now. I am ready to conquer the modeling industry. I have lived in the UK so I have loads of white friends. I don’t think like the average Nigerian. I stayed in the UK for four years and I’ve seen the way of life there. It’s different. You know the culture is different. I appreciate open-mindedness. I am a model. I have to enhance myself so I can be on top of my game. I may not be tall but I have a great body and that counts for something.”
Rolling her eyes and lowering her vocal projection down to a whisper in a manner that could fire up erotic thoughts, Igho reveals, “I have ten tattoos on various parts of my body. I’m very bold and I’m not scared of anything. I’m very very bold and I’m not scared,” she said.
At the time she underwent the cosmetic surgery, there were reports from certain quarters that her boyfriend paid for the implant. Igho however set the record straight. “I am single so my boyfriend couldn’t have paid for it,” she maintained.
Following her appearance in the 2008 edition of the Next Movie Star, Igho’s fame undoubtedly got a boost but so did the population of her male fans and teeming admirers.
“I was in the Next Movie Star and it was an experience that money can never buy. Life has been very great. It actually taught me a lot. I’ve been doing some movies on my own and some videos here and there as well. I can’t do them all (laughs).
When I came out of the show, my ‘facebook’ friends tripled and it’s been good. I love my male fans but it’s not been easy. It’s not easy to cope though. Now I’m single but if I had a boyfriend, I don’t know if he would be able to cope with this. Definitely, I have love for all of them and I’m sure they’ll get a girl like me I they look in the right places.”
Do breast implants feel like real breasts? This is one controversial question that has generated a whole lot of debate. When asked, Igho says, “Well, to a large extent, yes. I still have the sensation when I am touched although, it’s highly sensitive. I still feel everything a regular woman feels. The advantage of these boobs is that I don’t have to wear a brassiere. The breasts are in place. I’m never going to be worried about sagging and I believe every woman wants that kind of assurance-you only get it with surgery.”
Igho further reveals that before she had the surgery, she was bold enough to inform her mother who definitely had something to say about her daughters plan to get a bigger bust.
“My mum was cool with it. She understands that times we are living in. I just called her and told her I was getting a boob job and she said “cool.” She didn’t have any problems with it. Her only worry was if it would stop me from having kids and of course, we all know that’s not true. We must however understand that in life, everything has its risks.”
Having thoughts of having a breast implant is one thing and having the courage to actually lay under the surgeon’s knife is another. Igho shares her story. “Before I did it, I did a research on it. I bought book, made calls and went for consultations. For over six months, I was thinking about it; not because I was afraid but I wanted to know how secure the procedure was. You hear stories of complications where the implant burst or it was not properly placed so I did my research. I worked with professionals. I knew I was in safe hands so I felt at ease. I was given anesthetics so I slept for one hour and when I woke up, I felt my new boobs. I was so happy.”
Igho also shed light on the types of breast implant and the one she eventually opted for. “What I have in me is silicone gel. There are different types - there’s saline, silicone and there’s another one in water. Mine is silicone gel. I need to change it every five years because it’s more hygienic that way. If you don’t change it, it might leak. It’s better now because things have improved. That’s why I did the research to find out. It’s not even necessary to change it if you don’t have any complications; it’s just for hygiene purpose. In ten years, I would definitely have made more money. I’ll be modeling. I have my foot in the door and I’m going in,” she said.
Many tend to associate breast implants with cancer and accidental leaks from the implants. Does Igho share this belief? “Go to a cosmetic surgeon and ask him all this. He’s going to tell you the truth. I don’t see how silicones will cause cancer. People without implants have had cancer so it has nothing to do with it. What I have on- silicone gel is quite strong. It isn’t going to burst and it does not cause cancer.”
Interestingly, Igho foresees a future where more women would embrace breast implants. “Ten years from now, everybody will be having boob jobs. Modupe Ozolua is doing it. It’s just that people haven’t heard about it a lot. Most people think it’s for the rich. I’m not rich but I saved hard for it.”
The curvy model has also been receiving international signals with her new look. “I have a website and enough mails come in. I got a mail from this exclusive club for celebrities only! They invited me to party with A-list celebrities in the UK. Unfortunately, I wasn’t in the UK at the time. I was here in Nigeria. Well, I act. I am young and I am willing to stay in Nigeria for a while. I have an edge now. I am optimistic. That’s the kind of person I am.”
Has Karen ever considered settling down with a man to start a family this year? “I don’t know about that but if the right guy comes along, why not,” she affirmed.

Comments