Dana Crash: 0ver 70 Yet To Be Compensated, As Airline Resumes Flight
Dana Airlines resumed flight operations Friday, about seven months after one of its aircraft crashed into a building in Lagos, killing 163 people on board the country’s worst airline disaster in about two decades with an inaugural flight to Abuja. this is even as some victims’ families who are yet to be compensated described the re-issuance of Dana operational license by the federal government as malicious and wicked.
The government lifted a ban on the airline in September but an investigation is ongoing and there is still no official explanation of the crash.
The airline’s five remaining McDonnell Douglas MD-83’s operating in Nigeria have a capacity of 140.
The aircraft M083 with number 7VC9QZ and piloted by Captain Ola Olukayode departed from domestic wing of the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos at exactly 10.10am and landed smoothly at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja at exactly 11.08 am.
Airline spokesman Tony Usidamen said 67 passengers were on board the resumed Lagos-Abuja flight yesterday and 82 on the return journey.
…Victims’ families kick
Meanwhile, yet to be compensated families of the ill-fated Dana Airplane that crashed on the 3rd of June 2012 in Lagos killing all 153 people on board as well as some ground victims have described the re-issuance of Dana operational license by the federal government as malicious and wicked.
The families also lamented that the management of Dana has deliberately and maliciously refused its insurers to pay the statutory compensation to them.
Out of the 153 victims on board as well as the unconfirmed number on ground, the insurers of Dana air fleet have only paid the statutory $30,000 compensation to about 80 families of the victims.
The deliberate refusal, according to the families, is as a result of the wicked machinations of Dana Airline and its representatives. It will be recalled that Section 48(3) of the Civil Aviation Act provides “In any case of aircraft accident resulting in death or injury of passengers, the carrier shall make advance payments of at least US $30,000(Thirty thousand United States dollars) within 30 days from the date of such accident, to the natural person or such natural persons who are entitled to claim compensation in order to meet the immediate economic needs of such persons and such advance payments shall not constitute recognition of liability and may be offset against any amounts subsequently paid as damages by the carrier.”
Legal practitioners and consultants, representing 40 families of the victims, M.O Awoniyi & Co, said that all efforts to get the claims to be paid thus far have proved abortive.
Awoyemi said, “We have tried severally and in vain, via written and oral communication(s) to get the Airline and its insurer’s solicitors, particularly the law firm of Yomi Oshikoya & Co. (who are responsible for giving the cheques to the families of the victims) to pay our clients their monies as stipulated in the Act, but all our efforts have not produced the desired result. They have only through, deceitful and deliberate measures prevented our clients from meeting their immediate and economic needs occasioned by the death of their loved ones in the plane crash. The name of two of our clients Ahmad Dukawa and Femi Shobowale were fraudulently listed by Dana Airlines, its local and international insurers, Prestige Assurance Plc and Pritchard Insurance/Lloyd’s of London as having been paid $30,000 each.
“It beats our imagination as to why five months after the plane crash which killed the families of our clients, thus rendering some of them widows, widowers, fatherless, and motherless, they (families of the victims) would still be subjected to such a painful, saddening and wicked manipulations by the Airline and its representatives, knowing fully well that they are still in grief and much sorrow, not only because they have lost their loved ones, but because they were killed in such circumstances. This is in direct disregard to the provision of the Civil Aviation Act which clearly states that compensation ought to have been paid within 30 days of the plane crash regardless of any prevailing circumstances.”
Culled from VANGUARD

Hi there all, here every one is sharing these familiarity, therefore it's nice to read this webpage, and I used to pay a quick visit this webpage all the time.
ReplyDeleteHere is my web blog visit website
Thanks for some other informative website. The place else may I get that kind of information written in such an ideal means?
ReplyDeleteI have a mission that I'm simply now operating on, and I've been at
the look out for such information.
Also visit my blog post :: click here
Ridiculous quest there. What occurred after? Good luck!
ReplyDeleteMy blog ... more
Fantastic beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your site,
ReplyDeletehow could i subscribe for a blog website? The account helped me a acceptable deal.
I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear concept
Here is my web page ... see more
My partner and I stumbled over here coming from a different page and thought I may as well check things out.
ReplyDeleteI like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward
to looking at your web page repeatedly.
My web site :: At Vintage Wife Movies
With havin so much content do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or copyright infringement?
ReplyDeleteMy site has a lot of unique content I've either authored myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my agreement. Do you know any ways to help prevent content from being stolen? I'd definitely appreciate it.
My web blog ... http://nudebabepic.com/index.php?own=2493570
Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
ReplyDeleteI'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
Any recommendations?
My blog post - Http://Hugedd.Com/Index.Php?Own=2177910
Hi! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with
ReplyDeleteus so I came to take a look. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
Excellent blog and wonderful style and design.
Feel free to surf to my blog click here
Hello there! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it's new
ReplyDeleteto me. Anyways, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back often!
Here is my blog post: http://teensfirstdp.org/index.php?own=2084678
I blog often and I really thank you for your content.
ReplyDeleteThe article has truly peaked my interest. I will bookmark your website and keep checking for new information about once a week.
I subscribed to your RSS feed too.
Also visit my site: In Porn
What's up, its good piece of writing concerning media print, we all be familiar with media is a great source of data.
ReplyDeleteVisit my web blog ... He Said
I got this web page from my buddy who shared with me concerning this website and now this time I am browsing this web page and
ReplyDeletereading very informative articles at this time.
Look at my homepage :: http://pornharvest.com/index.php?m=2114248
Just desire to say your article is as astonishing.
ReplyDeleteThe clarity in your post is just nice and i could assume you are an expert on this subject.
Well with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep up to date
with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the rewarding work.
Stop by my web blog: http://Pornharvest.com/index.php?m=2524524
great post, very informative. I wonder why the opposite specialists of this sector don't understand this. You should proceed your writing. I'm sure, you have a great readers' base already!
ReplyDeleteHere is my web blog: http://pornharvest.com/index.php?m=2479596
This piece of writing is genuinely a pleasant one it assists new net
ReplyDeletepeople, who are wishing for blogging.
My blog post; a porn star
Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find It really useful &
ReplyDeleteit helped me out much. I hope to give something back and help others like
you aided me.
Also visit my blog post young hottie stripping
What's Happening i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I've discovered It absolutely helpful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to give a contribution & assist other customers like its aided me. Good job.
ReplyDeletemy webpage ... http://pornharvest.com/index.php?m=2339564
Hi, its fastidious post about media print, we all know media is a
ReplyDeletefantastic source of data.
Look at my blog post - http://pornharvest.com/index.php?m=2084047
I get pleasure from, result in I found exactly what I
ReplyDeleteused to be having a look for. You have ended my 4 day long hunt!
God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye
My site see more
I enjoy what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and
ReplyDeleteexposure! Keep up the good works guys I've included you guys to my own blogroll.
Look at my weblog; http://www.lipka.nazwa.pl/gimnazjum/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=Pearl11L
Wow, this piece of writing is good, my sister is analyzing such things,
ReplyDeleteso I am going to inform her.
Here is my weblog :: 오클라호마 사진 - 2000년 오클라호마 캠퍼스에 폭설 6
Hello everyone, it's my first visit at this website, and paragraph is in fact fruitful designed for me, keep up posting these types of articles or reviews.
ReplyDeleteFeel free to visit my webpage :: Email Console
I'm extremely impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a nice blog like this one these days.
ReplyDeletemy webpage; skinny british slut loves a stiffy big senior cock inside
Thanks for finally writing about > "Dana Crash: 0ver 70 Yet To Be Compensated, As Airline Resumes Flight" < Liked it!
ReplyDeleteFeel free to visit my web site - running senior guy shagging a much younger teenage Chick
Howdy! This is kind of off topic but I need some help from
ReplyDeletean established blog. Is it difficult to set up your own blog?
I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I'm thinking about creating my own but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any tips or suggestions? Cheers
Review my web site :: teen licks a cock clean that was up her ass
Thank you, I've recently been looking for info approximately this topic for a while and yours is the greatest I've came upon so far.
ReplyDeleteHowever, what about the bottom line? Are you positive in regards to the supply?
my webpage; I loved this