Quote of the Week: Rita Dominic


“To be honest, I did not want to play Clara Ikemba (the discourteous secretary) in the movie, ‘The Meeting.’ People were abusing us saying we (actresses and film makers) should get serious and go and work in a bank. To be honest, we did not have money and we were not making money either. We didn't even have phones or GSM. I remember how I would attend movie auditions and the organisers of the audition would tell you to come back two days after to find out of you made the list and you would spend your last card (money) to the venue, get there, check the list and not find my name on the list. When I said last card, I mean it was really the last money you had and there was no money to go back home. It never stopped me though because somehow, I would get home and the next day, I'm already looking for another audition. The passion was just there. Naturally, I'm a shy person and I think I just love hiding behind characters. I love the fact that I get to hide my real personality behind those characters.”

                                    - Rita Dominic (Nollywood actress and brand ambassador)



Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @simplysamad for more exciting gist, photos, interviews, reviews, jokes, quotes and other entertaining content | BB pin: 7FED3C8A
By: SAMOD BIOBAKU

#RitaDominic

Comments