For 2 Face, it's WHEN and WHO


Marriage for me in 2009 is ‘Unstoppable’ – 2 Face
By Samod Biobaku
After series of controversies that have trailed his career especially life outside his musical dexterity, Nigeria’s music star, 2 Face (Innocent Idibia) has finally decided to silence his critics once and for all by taking the much anticipated marital vow in 2009.
Speaking with SimplySamad recently after his ‘Album Release Party’ at Aqua 27, Chase Mall in Victoria island, Lagos, where he unveiled his latest album, ‘The Unstoppable,’ he revealed that after all the noise that had been made about his refusal to settle down, he is finally “ready to get married in 2009.”
The ex-‘Plantashun Boy’ made it clear that he is ready to everything within his capability to make his marriage a possibility. “I’m definitely going to work on that because I want it to happen in 2009. I’m ready,” he said.
Given his antecedent with the opposite sex, it naturally falls into place to find out who the lucky woman is but the father of five deftly evaded the question.
It was widely reported in some portion of the media that 2 Face would most likely walk down the isle with the mother of his recently delivered daughter, Annie Macaulay based on his mother’s approval of Macaulay.
When asked to comment on his mum’s alleged approval of one of the women who bore him a child as a wife for her son, he replied, “Let’s leave that one for now. No worry, me and you go yarn that one later. Make we leave that one for this time.”
Speaking on plans to release one of the videos for one of the songs in his new album, ‘Enter the Place,’ early in 2009, he said: “My first video will be dropping early next year. That’s a couple of weeks to be precise.”It was also reported that 2 face’s album sold 300, 000 copies within four days. He however remained modest on the issue. “We still dey look that one. We never get the exact figures yet.”
Can Hypertek take 2 Face to the next level
“As far as I’m concerned, Hypertek is ready to take 2 Face to the next level. It’s my very own record label and we’re ready. The first video that’ll be hitting the market is ‘Enter the Place.’ After everything that we’ve done, I’m 100% sure that we’re ready.”
Collaboration with Wyclef
“After my collaboration with R Kelly, I’m definitely going to be working with other international acts. I just did another song with Wyclef Jean. From there, it’s broke from there. You’ll be hearing a whole different kind of jams including the tracks on ‘The Unstoppable.’ Of course, ‘The Unstoppable is not the end of the road. There will be other albums.”
Expectations for 2009
“I expect the country to grow from where it is right now. I expect the government to keep the energy up to the fullest. I expect Nigerian music to move up to another level altogether. I also expect new jams from myself and every other artiste out there. I expect the levels to just change.”
The ‘Unstoppable’
It’s a 19-track album with great collaborations with R. Kelly, Melissa briggs, Chaka Demus, Plies, Sway of Convict Music, Cartier, Rocksteady, Sound Sultan, Wyre, from Kenya and his daughter. The tracks on the album include ‘Jungle don Mature,’ ‘Take it Back,’ ‘Outside,’ ‘Can’t do Without You,’ ‘Free,’ ‘Pako,’ ‘So Proud,’ ‘Flex,’ ‘Oh papa,’ ‘Go Down There,’ ‘Excuse me sister,’ ‘Appreciate It,’ ‘Enter the Place,’ ‘Feeling You,’ ‘I sing,’ ‘See it Coming’ and ‘Fly.’

Comments