"I Don’t Enjoy Discussing My Wife In Public" – Dare



One artiste who has a whole lot of things working for him at the moment is Dare (Oluwadamilare Art Alade) and the factors responsible for the push are glaring.
Despite soiling his hands in various sectors of the Nigeria entertainment industry, one element that runs through all his does is unadulterated creativity.

However, the fact that Dare is happily married to Deola Ayeni Art Alade is no longer news and neither is the fact that he is younger than his wife.

In a chat with Simply Samad, the multi-talented act revealed that when it comes to issues concerning his wife, he would rather not discuss it in public.


It should be recalled that he recently admitted that he doesn’t feel any pressure being married to a women older than he is.

When Simply Samad inquired to know how he’s been handling the odds, rumours and wicked tongues that have been wagging in the direction of his marriage, the father of one was quick to douse the fire before it even began to burn.

“I’m sorry to cut you short. I don’t know about the odds you’re talking about but I always use the opportunity to keep my private life personal. I don’t enjoy discussing my private life in the press. Don’t take it personal.”

Despite the odds that apparently trail the marriage of a young man to a woman older than he is, Dare has continued to impress his music fans, family and the entertainment community at large.

Dare who co-hosted the recently concluded MTN Project Fame (which he coincidentally participated in; as a contestant in its maiden edition in South Africa four years ago) also spoke on his music, his forthcoming album as well as his dream collaboration with American-based music act, Beyonce.

Dare Art Alade who has at different times been a radio presenter, T.V presenter, Entertainments consultant, Voice-over artist, Classical concert performer and R n B act spoke on his nomination at the Nigerian Music Video Awards 2008 (NMVA 08), which he did not win. He made it clear that he always makes it a point of duty to respect his fellow artistes and colleagues in the entertainment industry.

“I have a lot of respect for my fellow artistes. A lot of them are like my brothers. It’s my desire to win awards but it’s also my desire of staying true to my music no matter what happens to my life or anything around me,” he said.

Bofore now, It was widely whispered in some quarters that he had allegedly dumped music for compeering shows and events. Dare however set the record straight by explaining that he has been busy working on his new album.

“I’m recording right now. My music is doing ok. I’m working on some of my songs. I’m in the studio right now recording. We are going to South Africa soon to shoot more videos and see if we could fix other elements of the upcoming album. There will be photo shoots and interviews as well.”

Given the rate at which his career in the entertainment industry accelerates, it was interesting to find out from him which international act he would have loved to do a musical collaboration with if the opportunity popped up and Dare did not disappoint.

“Ohhh! Beyonce would be nice. She’s a lovely person and she’s a great musician and I love her videos,” he said.

Dare who parted ways with Storm records explained that it was more of a mutual understanding between two matured parties who understood that things were not going as anticipated.

With the birth of his entertainment label, Soul Produktionz, Dare unveiled his plans to drop his album in January 2009.

“It's looking good! I am recording more songs like the one I did with Tu face and the album will be out in January. I also have a song with 9ice and I have been recording with TY Mix, Cobhams and Don Jazzy. So it's coming on well and it will be an album specifically for matured audiences; people who are in relationships or who are in love. I also have one or two party songs that will prove to be club hits. Hopefully and by the grace of God, it's going to be released in January. The album proper will be launched in February which means that you would have had the album before it is launched.”


By Samod BiobakuSixthsense34@yahoo.com

Comments