Eva and Samod Biobaku




I need a boyfriend Eva, fast-rising rapper

By Samod Biobaku

Sixthsense34@yahoo.com

Nigeria’s fast-rising rapper, Eva (born Elohor Eva Alordiah) threw most of her male fans into an episode of emotional turmoil when she recently disclosed that she was in need of a boyfriend.

She made the disclosure by posting the line: “I need a boyfriend” on the wall of her Facebook (popular social networking website) account.

It therefore did not come as a surprise when a broad spectrum of her teeming fans spontaneously jumped at what appeared to be a promise of intimacy with the chocolate-skinned rapper.

While most instantly declared their interest to and desire to be entangle in her web of intimate promises, others openly asked how interested guys were expected to go about the process of expressing their feelings for her and ultimately becoming her boyfriend.

The Nigerian female emcee was born in Abuja, hails from Delta State but spent most of her growing-up days in Lagos. She started rapping at the age of 13.

She graduated from a private Nigerian university where she studied Computer Science. Besides being a rapper, she is also a make-over artiste

Eva’s emergence as a fierce rap artiste was born from her passion for the rap genre of music and well as impressive musical collaborations with the likes of DaGrin, Igho, ID Cabasa, Tha Suspect, Kayefi and a host of other classy acts.

Speaking on her style, Eva considers her style an infusion of different genres. “…regardless of the fact that I'm mainly a Hip Hop/Rap act. I come in with a blend of reggae, R n B and Afro. I am a spontaneous person and it tells in my music and sound. That separates me from a whole lot of other acts in my niche. It's rap; crazy, sexy and cool. I try as much as possible to be all-woman when I deliver music.”

She also noted that music runs in her family. “Yes it does. For starters, everyone in the house is a music lover, different genres for each of us. My mum has a great voice she uses only in the bathroom. My youngest brother has been playing the drums since he was 1, now at 12 he's been getting acquainted with the keyboard and guitar. I think he's going to be great. It has been in the family and I am just towing the line.”

Eva’s free styling episode on DJ Jimmy Jatt’s ‘Jump Off’ also cast a beam of freshness on her brand of music.

She recently reminisced on some of her fondest memories of childhood and said, “I spent the early part of my childhood in the North. Back then, chasing horses during Sallah, counting and saving the finest mint of coins, living with the Fulanis and climbing mango trees were the finest things of life. I think about it now and the smell of fresh ‘Fura de Nunu’ warms my heart.”

Below are some of the reactions she generated shortly after she declared, “I need a boyfriend.”

Bolaji 'Carter' Kazeem - Hmmm… Don’t tell me u don’t have.

Dare Sobule - Really?

Unyimeh LordofSwagz Akpan - I am up for grabs

Oladapo Diamond - I’m here sis…

Charles DvAmp Emina - *Laughing out loud!*

Enitan Modupe Adekanmi - My uncle is interested.

Anog Hustle - Laughing out loud! Joker! Inbox your BB pin

Prince Adewunmi Adebayo - God will provide for u but u need to be careful because we have deceivers out there now.

Iloka Adaeze Angel Parapella - Don’t think that was the right thing to do.

George Heart - Send me your BB pin baby. I’ve got enough love.

Abayomi Olawale Ayoola - Na wah for you! All those guys for studio never do you

Kamil Kazeem - Are you sure?

Cobermije Olufhemey Kenorince - Eva, I don’t think u need a boyfriend… but a true lover like me.

Abayomi James Eluyera - I want to… Outstanding Eva…

Owoeye-Mayowa Tevin 'El Capitano' - I can bet it’s Eva's next track. You’re all going crazy over nothing. Do your thing girl!

Anonymous - Eva! You want to start a riot abi? I'm sure you know that shortly after the applications start coming in, the desperate ones might be tempted to do the unthinkable. *Laughing out loud* Let me know when you need an ambulance. * Laughing out loud*

Berry Balz - Date my brother.

Oluwafemi Xtro Adejare - Erisi risi! Na wah ooooo.

Emmanuel Abiodun Ogunsanya - Don’t want to be among your ‘Done did its.’

T-Banks Da-Perfectionist - You’re causing chaos.

Ogunsanya Adegbenga - What’s the application process?

Jimoh Akeem - Can I?

Omileye Moneymakingmachine Rilwan - Eva I’m here for u. I will give you all you want. Call me on 08121653774.

Kuti 'Oluwakuttybaba' Oluwaseun - I have all the qualities to be your boyfriend.

Lloyd Slim C Lawrence - Yeah rite! But you do have boyfriend or d u mean a lover? Trust me, when they come, you will run. Won ma to poju (which translates into: ‘They will be too much’ in Yoruba)

Adekoya Olusola - Let me be your bed friend because the boyfriend thing is too rampant. I’m a unique guy who does unique things. I’m just kidding. Call me up. I don’t mind being one.

Comments