Hip Hop act gets heartbroken by a lesbian - Samod Biobaku


I caught my girl pants downRoy-X, singer

By Samod Biobaku

Sixthsense34@yahoo.com

A couple of years ago, one of Nigeria’s up and coming acts, Sunny Likita a. k. a Roy X was in a relationship with a beautiful young lady he held very close to his heart.

Perhaps the only thing that rivaled his affection for her was his passion for music and his determination to succeed as an artiste.

However, he was determined to nurture both his musical dreams and his relationship with his girlfriend to a logical conclusion.

While he was able to make steady progress with his ambition of becoming one of Nigeria’s most formidable musical acts, the same could not be said for his relationship with his Abuja-based sweetheart.

When he least expected it, Roy-X had his heart shattered by the very one he loved. His heart-break was further compounded by the fact that while he was daydreaming about building his world around her, his girlfriend was already towing the path of sexual deviance.

In a chat with Simply Samad in Lagos, the singer revealed details of how he caught his girlfriend pants down; not with another man but with another girl and that marked the end of what would have perhaps been a promising relationship.

Besides his heartbreak, he also spoke on factors that necessitated his relocation from Jos to Lagos, what he intends to achieve with his next single, ‘Royvolution’ as well as other interesting issues.

For Roy-X, music began with his love for Indian movies. “I couldn’t stop loving it. I’ve been singing since I was in secondary school,” he said.

He however stepped up his game when he relocated from Jos to Lagos. “I relocated to Lagos just to have my music dreams come true. I relocated in 2004/2005. While in Jos, I was always in contact with M.I. I always watched him, listened to him and ended up learning a lot from him. I knew M.I before a he became M.I.”

He describes M.I as a very good person who was “always jovial and was always in the company of Jeremiah Gyang. I usually heard them talking about their next move.”

One of the biggest lessons he ever learnt from M.I was how to be serious. “They taught me to take my music seriously the same way they took their musical careers seriously.”

While in Jos, he recorded his first single, ‘Chikala’ but relocated to Lagos in 2008. Upon arriving Lagos, “I signed a two-year deal with Rajcom records. It was a two-year contract. That was I 2008. When the contract was signed, they promised to do a whole lot of things for me but they didn’t live up to expectations. They had promised to brand me as an artiste but at the end, that didn’t work out the way they had planned. They actually started but along the line, everything was brought to a halt because I gathered they had problems. My two-year contract with them has expired. I couldn’t just sit down and allow them kill y dream and that was why I had to get up and begin to do my own thing.”

In Lagos, he recorded other singles like ‘Booty,’ ‘Mama’ and peace. “I recorded the song, Peace because of what was happening in Jos and even shot a video for the song. I had about 6 tracks and I coupled them with the songs I had recorded in Jos. I have two videos now; ‘Chikala’ and ‘Peace.’”

Roy-X intends to use his new single, ‘Royvolution’ to push his forthcoming album.

Let’s go soft a bit. Let’s talk about girls. Are you married?

No! I’m single. I’m still searching.

How come?

The Bible said ‘…whosoever find a wife find a good thing…’ but I’m still searching.

Does that mean you’re still playing the field?

I’m not playing like that. I’m only trying to find a good woman.

Describe what you mean by a good woman

I mean a woman with a good heart and with the fear of God in all that she does.

Those are qualities on the inside. How about qualities on the outside?

She has to look good.

How good? Are you particular about any part of her body; her face, backside or boobs?

Actually no!

Does that mean you don’t mind if she’s as straight as a the ‘number one’ digit?

Ahhhh! Tori Olorun (Laughs)

I just want you to be specific about the part of her body you would be looking out for.

I would actually prefer a woman who is well endowed; with the right curves in the right places.

We know that a lot of artistes take stimulants in order to temporarily conquer the challenge of stage fear. Which stimulant works for you; drinks or marijuana?

Actually, I’m a neutral man. I don’t drink or smoke. I don’t take anything. I only take water, which is natural.

Really? But they say a man who doesn’t drink or smoke must be a womanizer?

Hmmmmm…I would say partially.

Are you involved with any woman at the moment?

I am

How many wives would you like to marry in the long run?

Just one.

Is your woman from Jos?

I don’t have a woman. I’m a free man. I love women. The truth is that I was in a relationship before but unfortunately, she was not meant for me.

What do you mean by that?

She was involved in lesbianism and she made me dislike women for a while.

Now, you’re searching for a clean girl but how did that particular relationship go? How did you find out she was a lesbian?

I actually caught her right in the middle of the act.

In your bedroom…

No! I caught her in her bedroom. She lives in Wuse 2 in Abuja. I had decided to give her a surprise visit in Abuja. I flew there from Jos. When I arrived at her apartment, I didn’t knock because the door was open so I just went in and lo and behold! I saw her in bed with a girl.

Perhaps, they were just sleeping on the bed and nothing more…

If it is not Panadol, it can never be Panadol.

Then you must hate homosexuals even more?

I hate it. It’s something I detest.

So, the relationship ended right there and then?

Immediately!

Was she aware you saw them?

Yeah! They were both butt naked and I was speechless

Did you think of joining them?

That would have been in another world.

Were your parents supportive of your musical dreams?

Yes they were. They were very happy about it. They ensured that I got an education but they still let me follow my dreams.

Comments