'Fimile' star, KAS reveals why he'll never have sex with Nollywood's TONTO DIKE



Why I can’t have sex with Tonto DikeU.K-bred singer, Kas

By Wole Adepoju

Before he dropped his hit singles, not much was known about Nigeria’s London-bred singer, Kas.

However, upon the release of his monster single, ‘Fimile,’ Kas suddenly transformed into a shinning star and has ridden high into the intoxicating heights of the Nigerian music industry.

In a flash, Kas became an artiste millions reckoned with and he clearly took his musical game to new heights when he featured two of Nigeria’s biggest musical exports, 2 Face and D’banj in the remix of his hit single, ‘Fimile.’

Presently without an album, Kas continues to sustain the tempo of success that has brought him this far.

Interestingly, his relationship with popular Nollywood actress, Tonto Dike is one issue many might initially not understand given the fact that they appear to belong to two different divides of the industry.

However, the picture gets clearer when one discovers Dike’s growing passion for music, which has seen her get signed on Kas’ former record label.

However, rather than drool over her sexy outlook or fantasise over her charming qualities, Kas made it clear that he would never have an intimate relationship with the singer; even if he had the opportunity to do so.

In this interview, Kas also spoke about his relationship with D’banj, his regrets, his career and how he handles female fans.

Excerpts:

What is happening to Kas at the moment?

A lot of good things are happening to Kas. I am going to church. I am praying. A lot of good things are happening. I am preparing for my album, which should be out on November 11, 2011. .I have Tonto Dike; the actress on my recording company, Kas Beat Entertainment. She’s a very good singer. I also have a group of boys called 2sec, twins and a girl called Harley so I have been working. My album will feature artistes like Wizkid, M.I, Ice Prince, Sir Shina Peters, D’ Banj and 2 Face.

Are you really Yoruba because you don’t look like one?

I am very Yoruba. My father is from Ogun State; in Abeokuta. My father is Aare Mayegun of Egba Land. I am Yoruba to the end. My name Kas in Yoruba means Karounwi Olakunle. It’s a Cuban name. My father is an ex- military man and has traveled all over, my mother is a Benin woman but she’s British so I am very Yoruba.

You have this ascent that is totally not Yoruba.

Yeah! If I really talk to you, I talk with the British accent but I grew up in North London so I can say things like: ‘Oga! How far now?’ I have been in Nigeria for about five years now. When I came back to Nigeria, I did go stay in V.I or Lekki, I went to Orile Iganmun, I went to the street gan-gan so I could know some things, that is why I am blending easily to the Nigeria way though I can’t speak Yoruba..

At a time before you song became a hit, you were seen to be under D’banj’s shadow and were always seen together.

People don’t really know that D’Banj, Don Jazzy and myself have known ourselves way back when I was in the U.K. We all started working together in my studio. Basically, Don Jazzy and I learnt production in London but D’Banj and Don Jazzy came to Nigeria first and they exploded. When I called Don Jazzy he said I should come, he helped me out when I arrived by showing me the ropes and what to do. We are all brothers.

Ladies really love your hits. How do you handle them?

I love it when somebody comes to me and says, “Kas, I love your music.” For me, that feels like an award because that is my reason for doing music; to make people happy. As for handling female fans, I handle them the best possible way I can. One thing is that fans could sometimes make crazy compliment and crazy request and all I say is that you are blessed but basically I am cool with them. My primary aim of singing is to make them happy and I am happy because they are happy.

Given your relationship with Tonto Dike, don’t you think tongues will wag?

We are just close. Her man is my friend. Besides, when I am working with you, I cannot have anything sexual with you, Tonto is a professional just like myself so there is no way that kind of a thing can happen between us. In fact, my d..k no go even rise for herm or any other woman I am working with.

How does it feel being a United Nations peace Ambassador?

I must say that it is really a good one and a thing of pride to have been made peace ambassador. That means people are watching and they appreciate you. I try to contribute to people’s lives in the little way I can.

Comments