ZEAL reveals her biggest temptation


By Samod Biobaku

Nigerian singer, Zeal (born Elizabeth Akinlabi) is tall, sexy and is blessed with the kind of curves and physical configuration that would give the likes of Nikki Minaj and Beyonce a run for their money.
In the last one decade, she has had fair share of the tasty yet sensitive pie of stardom yet she has remained true to her calling; the arts.
In a recent chat with Simply Samad in Victoria Island in Lagos, the mother of one spoke about why she seemingly appears to be off the music scene, her ‘Solace Foundation’ and her plans to stage a massive musical come-back in 2012.
In addition to these, Zeal also revealed what she considered her biggest temptation as a person.


Excerpts:

What have you been up to in recent times?
I don’t know where to start from.

Just start from any point you find comfortable
Well, I’ve been designing and working on my women’s project as well as my foundation called Solace Foundation.

What is the Solace Foundation about?
It is the voice of the movement of the sisterhood. We are the voice of the Solace Foundation and we are out to inspire women. We want women to wake up and understand that they are more than what everybody tells them that they are. We have so much potential. We had had countless situations where women would unknowingly box themselves in; saying they can’t do this or that. It is time we make them understand that we can make them whoever they want to be. That is what it is and that is what we are working on.

Zeal, how about your music?
Yeah! I know… Everybody is like Zeal, you’re being lazy; too lazy. I want to work hard and I have been working on a fantastic album. For me, it’s all about the arts. It’s not about me being in your face all the time. I want you to listen to my music and walk away saying: “That was a good song.” That is the kind of artiste that I am. I am an artiste and I live for the arts. So, that’s what I’m doing now. I’m creating beautiful art for my fans that I cherish and I love. They respect my work and I have to be the best. So, a little bit more patience and I’ll be back.

Zeal, I noticed that you’re not always out there. Have you gone into hiding or something?
(Laughs) There’s so much I’m working on right now and I love being at home. I’m trying to come out right now.

Have you suddenly become an introvert?
I’ve always been an introvert. I’m comfortable in my house and I’m happy.

But you can’t be an introvert. You’re a celebrity
I know. God help me but I’m back to work. I’m willing to get back out there… I’m here now.

Have you changed your mind about your love for colour red?
Never! It’s red – red – red. Leaving red is like saying I am not who I am.

How’s your baby doing?
She’s beautiful. She’s not a baby anymore. She’s a lady.

Wow! She should be doing the red carpet.
She should. She’s really good at it.

How about your fans? How are you coping with them?
Everybody is like – what are you doing? What are you dropping and all that. I need them to be a little more patient. Next year for sure

Tow more questions for you – The first one is this; Zeal, what do you spend your money on?
I like to make clothes and shoes. I get the fabrics and out it together. That’s one of the things I’ve been doing.

Now the last question - What’s your biggest temptation?
(Laughs) Red shoes!

Are you kidding?
No. I love red shoes.

How many pairs of red shoes do you have?
I lost count. I must have it once I see it.

Comments

  1. Awesome Glorious Wonderful Elizabeth Zeal Akinlabi . super queen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a comment