After GAGA CRAZY Hit, Chuddy K Unveils New Songs... [Exclusive Interview With Edward Fortune]


He gave us a feel of what R n B should sound like when he dropped his very first single titled: SLOW SLOW. Though he sounded so much like Wande coal, he still didn't allow the thoughts of that hinder him from proving that music was the only thing he was born to do.


He went on to do a couple of collaborations with several artistes; one of which was a chart-bursting track SHAMPOO that had sexy pretty singer, Mocheddah on it.

He was on the verge of jetting out to Malaysia when I caught up with him at the departure wing of the Murtala Mohammed airport and Chuddy K (born Chukwudi Kent Agali) was kind enough to spare 10 minutes out of his time for this exciting interview:
Gaga crazy is actually making everyone crazy right now. How does it feel to be the rave of the moment?
I'm so grateful to God and my fans for the love and support so far and for the accolades given to me for the song. I fell like working even more to be a better role model for young ones out there and to reach out to the world at large.

Did you foresee the song going this far while you were recording?
I knew it was a great song right from when I dropped my first line on my beat. Thumbs up to my producer, 'Spells' for such a great production because it became DJ's favorite and I'm extremely grateful.


What inspired the song?
Loads of my female fans and male too all wanted a Chuddy K song to dance to. So, I decided to make my next single a dance hall/party song for them.


You used to be known for the “love and slow song thing" - Why the drift all of a sudden?
I am versatile in my works! I am not just an R n b singer. I can give you the ginger. I can make you dance. I can make you sing along. So, it all depends on the kind of beat my producer offers me and then you can't categorize me as an R&B artiste alone because I'm a Nigerian and I identify with Nigerian genres of music.

Aside Gaga Crazy, what else should we expect?
Watch out for Egusi, Sunday morning and others.

Your voice and that of Wande Coal sounds alike - How do u feel each time u hear such comments?
We come a long way and we are brothers from different ends - that makes us cool. So, each time the comment comes up, I just feel good knowing that it’s a positive remark.

Final words to your fans
I want to say a very big thank you all the brands; ACADA magazine and all media houses that have given me the chance to be heard. I want to say God bless them all and their efforts would never be in vain. To all my fans - You all dance to my music, request for it on radios and TV stations - Make it both your caller tunes and ringtones. That just goes to show how much love you all have for me. GGMUB oh! I definitely promise not to disappoint.

Comments