Back From Prison, Homeless Girl Reveals, ‘My Grandmother Killed My Mother To Make Money And Tried Using Me For Renewal’


Here's another story from my archive that i would like to share with you. I personally met this young lady and after she narrated her story to me, it took about a week for me to get over the shock. I eventually paid her grandmother a visit to hear her own side of the story and was scared the whole time; mainly because i went there alone and she was the only woman (fat and huge) living in a big house. Also, a very dark man suddenly came in while i was having a chat with her. I even ended up at a police station...

I'll just leave you to read Queen okoye's story:



Back from prison, homeless girl reveals, ‘My grandmother killed my mother to make money and tried using me for renewal
‘The girl needs rehabilitation’ – Grandmother

If the story of her life were a drama, then it would rightly trail the path of a classic tragedy. At the young age of 23, Queen Okoye has harvested enough calamity and misfortune to last her through the rest of her life.
An interview with Okoye revealed that she was raped, her husband sold the house they were residing in and ran away, was rendered homeless, was sent to the Kirirkiri Prison and lost her mother to unconfirmed money-ritual antics of her grandmother. To make matters worse, this was just a preview of the tragic tale narrated by the young homeless mother of one.

The issues involved are numerous but while speaking to Simply Samad, Okoye made it clear that the barrage of problems in her life began when her grandmother, Mrs. Florence Ojukwu allegedly sacrificed and killed her mother for a money-making ritual. I am frustrated and have decided to reveal her dark secrets,” she said.
However, a visit to the quiet residence of Mrs. Ojukwu at 18, Daramola Street, Off Bakery Bus Stop, Egbeda in Lagos was quite revelatory as the chubby woman expressed her disappointment at the apparent turn of events. She revealed that since her grand daughter left her house, she (Okoye) had been dragging her name in the mud by accusing her of killing her mother.

Responding to the allegations, she simply branded Okoye an ingrate. “When she returned from Kirikiri, I bought her lots of clothes. My children are all abroad and they are taking very good care of me. She has been going around pasting articles all over the walls of Egbada; saying I killed her mother. Please tell me, what have I done to this girl to deserve all this? She has been threatening to take me to the press. I’m a society woman and I don’t need to pay lawyers to start a case. What did I do to this girl? The girl is possessed.”

She went on to state the part Okoye played in her mother’s death. “She paralysed her mother who eventually died with her problems. “She’s a very troublesome girl. She assaulted her husband’s testicles and it was so bad that the boy’s genitals got so swollen so much that he could hardly walk without spreading his legs wide for two weeks. Her husband ran away with the baby when she wanted to kill him with problems. The Baba Ijebu who cursed her is till alive. How can she blame me for her problems? I will not let any girl come and kill me with hypertension. She accused me of snatching her husband. For the past 12 years, I have not had sex. How can I descend so low? Her so-called husband is like a skeleton.”
She further that Okoye’s run-away husband had been declared wanted in Lagos after taking off with over N2 million from his former place of employment. “He was declared wanted in a national newspaper and I was surprised.”

Her mother’s revelation to her
“In 2002, my mum died. I didn’t know what killed her. I only knew that my mother was very ill and was living with her (grandmother) the last time I saw her. She pretended to be taking care of my mum. I was in secondary school back then. She told me that my mum had a stroke. When everything was still on, my mum and I were living at 54, Abeokuta Street, Off Anifowoshe in Ikeja. She moved my mum to her place when my mum could not help herself anymore and that was how my mum started living with her.
I suddenly learnt that my mum’s condition was deteriorating and when I eventually saw her, my mum was looking very lean. I asked her what was wrong and she told me about her dream. She told me in secrecy that in that dream, a snake appeared and bit her on the leg and to her horror, her mother (my grandmother) was standing next to the snake like a an accomplice. She woke up from the dream and she developed serious problems with the same leg where the snake had bitten her. From there, things just went from bad to worse. I couldn’t stop crying.”

The gate of Queen Okoye's grandmother's house in Lagos.
My grandmother died in my grandmother’s house
“She warned me never to ask my grandmother about what she told me bearing in mind the kind of person that my grandmother was. She personally told me that if I told her, she could poison her (my mum). I was going to write my SSCE at the time and had to travel to Imo State. After some time, I left my grandmother’s place and I was stunned when one day, I got to my grandmother’s house in Egbeda and could not find my mum. She (grandmother) told me that my mother was with an herbalist who was treating her. I did not know that my mother was already dead. It was two days after that she called a neighbour and sat me down saying she had wanted to tell me something for a long time but didn’t know how to go about it. She eventually told me that my mother was dead even before I returned to Lagos. I wept but the most painful part was that I never knew my grand mum was into money-making rituals and occult practices. My grandmother has always oppressed my spiritually. She would complain that I was spending too much time in church. Whenever I was getting closer to God, she would say I was coming home late from church.”

How my grandmother became rich after killing my mother
“It was later that I began to learn that she sacrificed my mum for money-making rituals. After my mum died, she became extraordinarily rich. Before my mum died, the house she was living (which she owned) was an uncompleted building but after my mum’s death, she painted the house and renovated everywhere. That was when I began to suspect her. In was scared. Despite her wealth, she never contributed to my life. The only time that she paid my school fees, she accompanied it with loads of curses.

How I became a night-club girl
I was pushed to the wall and it was around this time that I started hanging out with all kinds of boys and even girls at night. They all offered me a break into another kind of life in place of the wickedness that my grandmother stood for. I tried to wriggle my way out but it proved difficult.
I started going to clubs almost every night. My girlfriends told me that there was another kind of life I could live that would make me forget about my grand mum. They told me that I could make it with my body especially considering the fact that I was still young and beautiful. At the club, the boys and the men couldn’t keep their eyes off me and they kept coming because they always know new faces. I was attracted to what I saw at the club. I however stopped going after two outings but when I returned to my grand mum’s house, her wickedness and neglect drove me back to the clubs full time.

Queen Okoye's grandmother's house in Lagos
How I became pregnant for my police boyfriend’s friend
Along the line, I met a young police officer called Cherokee. He became my boyfriend. He was still living with his parents yet he took me in and while with him, he discovered that I had a lot of talent especially for singing and writing songs. One day, he took me to a friend of his named Olatunji Philips who was also into music and working at the same time. I sang to him and he was impressed. Cherokee trusted me and left me with Philips at 50, Post Office Road, Egebda. Philips was a rapper while I was into R&B. Cherokee knew I didn’t sleep around so left me with Philips but at the end of the day, one thing led to another and we couldn’t resist each other and we made love. Philips endured for two weeks gave me a choice of leaving the house or staying and becoming his girl. He told me that if I left, it would be easier for him since he would not be seeing me in person. I considered the fact that he had been very nice to me for so long and agreed. However, the month I gave in to me was the same month that I got pregnant. Philips showed me the kind of affection I had never seen before. He cared for me and did everything he could to make me happy. I gave birth to my son. Philips showered me with love and encouraged me to establish myself with a trade or some other business but later, he had some problems at work. At that time, I was six months old and he called me to pack my things and meet him in Ijebu-ode. What I did not know was that my sweetheart had taken money from the company where he worked. I discovered he was trying to travel abroad by eavesdropping on his telephone conversations. I warned him that he could be swindled but he refused. Eventually, the fake agents disappeared into thin air with his money.

How my husband sold the house we were living in and ran away
I remember that when I brought my husband and my child to Lagos to see my grandmother, she did not even offer us water to drink. She was unbelievably hostile and my husband got angry and told me that if I had decided to stay with my grandmother, he would not. He went back to Ijebu-ode and when I got back home, he began to act strange. Before I knew what was going on, my husband ran off with my son. I was heartbroken.
This was when I had a dream where I was running wildly because I was surrounded by fire and it was shortly after that calamity came in droves. He even sold the house we were living in and left a note on the table with some money. In the note, he informed me that he had sold the house.

My grandmother used juju to tear my marriage apart
I was forced to return to Lagos and I went to my grandmother crying but she mocked me. I never knew it was my mother that used juju to tear my marriage apart. It was when I started going to spiritualists for help that they all told me that my grandmother was the root of my problems including my marriage. One day, I was at Agbado and I suddenly saw my husband alight from a bus. He was looking lean and unkempt. I even pitied him because he was looking very bad and lamented how he had broken my heart. He apologized and told me he wanted us to come back together. I asked him where my so was and he took me there. When I saw my baby, I started crying because my son was looking malnourished with a big stomach and he was eating gari. I took my son and left.

My husband would drug me before having sex with me
He came begging and I eventually accepted and we started living together again. If only I had seen what was coming. My husband would drug me and have sex with me such that I would not even know that he had made love to me. I wouldn’t have known if not for the fact that I suddenly found myself pregnant. I did not sleep with any other person so I knew he was responsible. All of a sudden, my husband disappeared again but this time, he left the baby behind. He later called and told me to take our son to his step mother and I did. I used to engage the services of nannies but after the call, I took the child to my mother-in-law. I would have taken the child to my grandmother but given her pedigree and coupled with the fact that she hardly ever had time for any other person but herself, I decided against it. Even when I decided to do so, she rejected the child. At the end of a round-table meeting of my in-laws, they agreed that I should leave the child with my mother-in-law especially when they considered the fact that I was just 21 years old. I was too young to take care of the child.
At this point in time, I went back to clubbing and night life. I was living alone at Odutola Avenue, Off Agbado-Ijaye. The club life was already part of me but I was careful with the guys who were always eager to pounce. I was discussing with my grandmum one night and I suddenly discovered that she was mocking me as if I was about to die. Despite my clubbing lifestyle, I always prayed to God everyday.

How I was caught by ritualists
I decided to seek spiritual protection and each time, I went to a herbalist, they always told me that my grandmother was behind it all.
Shortly after, I was caught by ritualists. I was going to a club in Apapa that night and boarded a bus but before I realised what was happening, they had knocked me unconscious by using something to cover my face. I felt so intoxicated. I found myself somewhere in Mafoluku around Arowojobe Street. That’s all I could remember.
I was terrified when the ritualists put a call through to my grandmother informing her that they had me in their custody. As if that was not bad enough, they also called my father because they believed I was going to be killed. I would have thought they were kidnappers but they were not talking like kidnappers. All the pot and charms were there to show that they were ritualists. They knew about secrets that only my grandmother knew about.

My affiliation with marine spirits rescued me
I must confess that I have marine roots and unfortunately for the ritualists, they were trying to sacrifice me through marine charms. They tried to sacrifice me but the marine spirits did not accept me as a sacrifice. The ritualists hade a meeting for about five hours and were still not making progress. When I was rejected, they got frustrated and decided to place a mark and curse on me. They made me become vulnerable to occult forces by placing on me what they called ‘trademark.’ They were very wicked people.
At a point, I blacked out and found myself on the streets and I remembered very little but the harm had been done because people who didn’t know me started chasing me. Some tried to assault me; bus conductors, drivers and very old people. Some of my friends who were into spiritual dealings would tell me that they were seeing their signs on me. They knew I had been branded and with it came all sorts of problems. Most of them were honest enough to admit that only God could deliver me.

How I was raped and jailed
It was raining and I saw a place where I could take shelter. I saw a guy and asked if I could stay there for a few minutes till the rain subsided and he said he didn’t mind. When the rain still hadn’t subsided after a long time, he invited me in for comfort. I went in and he gave me hot tea to drink and before I knew what was happening, I slept off. By the time I woke up, my body did not feel the same. I knew something was wrong and I asked the guy why he did it. He told me to my face that he had sex with me while I was sleeping. He asked me if I wanted him to compensate me. I felt stupid and got angry. I reported at the police station but unfortunately, for me, the guy in collaboration with the police conspired against me and to my surprise, I became the accused because the police said I gave them false information. All this happened in June 2008. At the end, I as charged to Shomolu Magistrate Court where I pleaded not guilty. I was asked to pay bail myself with N6, 000 but I could not afford it and had no one to turn to so I was sent to Kirikiri. My father is in Lagos but he was never there for me.

How I escaped death at Kirikiri
My experience in Kirikiri was hellish. It was terrible. They beat me regularly. They burnt me with fire and at one time, I was injected with a certain ‘death injection’ that was meant to kill me but as God would have it, I lived through it to the surprise of many. His further let me realise that God was on my side. I remember that somebody fought with me in prison and bit me. After the bite, they told me that the injection was to make me healthier. After the warden injected me, I felt strange and almost died; they even gave me an overdose but one Christian Leader in Kirikiri came to my rescue.
Nobody came to ask after me at Kirikiri and the wardens got fed up. Because of the Queen of the Coast Spirit that I had in me, I usually wake up the middle of the night screaming and they got fed up with this in prison. Since they knew that nobody was coming to check me, they treated me badly. They almost had to resort to tying a rope around my neck to kill me. At the end of the day, a wardress too me home from Kirikiri. She wanted to make sure that she handed me over to my family. My grandmother told a lot of lies against me. She told the wardress that she tried sending me to school but that I refused. That’s not true. I studied Fine Arts at YABATECH. The woman was equally amazed at the contradiction in what I had told them and the lies that my grandmother was telling her.

How my uncle had sex with me
I have an uncle, Monday Ojukwu who lives at Caterpillar Bus Stop Ogba. He is a womanizer and he was with my grandmother after I was brought home from Kirikiri. I noticed that my uncle casting sexy glances in my direction. I have had my experiences with men and I know the things to look out for to show that a man is sexually interested in me. He once opened the door to the bathroom when I was taking my bath. I was shocked and he brushed it aside as if it was nothing. Later, he started telling me he likes this and that about me. I have a strong feeling that he slept with me after he made me sleep off. I don’t know what he sprayed on the chair that I slept off on. On the day he slept with me, my body ached and felt loose in places that should not have been loose.
I reported the matter at a police station at Ejigbo but they referred me to Area G in Ogba where the Area Commander interviewed me but I realised that he wasn’t really paying attention to what I was saying. At the end of the day, he asked me to go.

Source: Simply Samad's ARCHIVE

Comments