Ex Coca Cola Manager in Divorce Mess [ARCHIVE]


I was once at a Lagos court when a former Coca Cola Manager was dragged to court by his wife where she sought a dissolution of their 31-year-old marriage. Here was how i put it together back then:



He wants to kill me so he can inherit all we worked for-Wife

A former Manager at Coca Cola, a popular brand under the Nigeria Bottling Company (NBC), Mr. Olawale Atanda Oguntoyinbo is presently, not experiencing the best of times as his wife has dragged him before a Lagos court, asking for a divorce.

In the divorce suit, the woman, Mrs. Shola Oloruntoyin Oguntoyinbo appealed to the court to dissolver her 31-year-old marriage.

Mrs. Oguntoyinbo spilled the beans when she informed the court that her husband had allegedly made several attempts to send her to an early grave. To underscore her claim, she affirmed that her husband was obsessed with the evil thought of killing her in order to inherit all they had both worked hard for.

She also lamented the constant beating her husband always subjected her to. “The only thing I beg of this honourable court to grant me this divorce. I want to divorce him because for a very long time, he has been threatening my life to facilitate undue inheritance. Must I be killed before my time? He’s also fond of disgracing me publicly.”
Another factor that triggered her decision to part ways with the man is the man’s alleged stubbornness. “He doesn’t listen to any view different from his. He often takes advantage of this and ends up battering me. He no longer cares about me.”
She nailed the coffin by affirming that she was no longer in love with the man. “There’s no such thing as love between us anymore,” she said.

In his reaction, Mr. Oguntoyinbo told the court that contrary to his wife’s claim of brutality, he was a complete gentleman. “I don’t beat her. Why should I? She’s the one who always attacks me. We both own the property. Why would I want to kill a woman who bore me four children? I have never maltreated her. She left the house some weeks ago.”

He however noted that one thing he found disturbing was his wife’s recent insistence to split their property. “She insists on splitting our property while were still alive. I keep assuring her that if I die today, she inherits everything yet she refused. We own a lot of property including a school. We even used to work together. I used to be a manager at Coca Cola (NBC). She had all the papers for our property for 11 years but I now have them.”

The court president stated that both parties would be counseled by the judges after the court session for possible reconciliation. The matter was adjourned to a later date.

I really can't remember how this precise case ended because i always had to juggle so many divorce cases back then.

Source: Simply Samad ARCHIVE

By Samod Biobaku

Comments