I Have No Regret Posting on Twitter that Early Morning Sex is Good - Kefee


Popular Nigerian singer, Kefee has admitted that she has no regret over a recent post on her Twitter Timeline; where she openly stated that early morning sex is the best of sex a woman would ever get.


In an interview with Punch, Kefee also spoke about her new marriage, her latest album and other interesting issues.

My new album

The last time I released an album was in 2008, but I’ve been releasing many singles. I released No bi Sapele Water not too long ago.  I also released Dan Mariyo before I released Beautiful. Now, I decided to put everything in an album titled Best of both Worlds.  The album will contain two CDs in one. One CD will be my normal spiritual or gospel album, while the other one will have play and love songs. I will release one now and I will release the other one next year.
About being labelled as ‘just’ a gospel artiste

I don’t want to be boxed into a corner. I get so many ideas and inspiration that I cannot limit myself to gospel music. I just have to separate them. That was why I decided to have two CDs in one. I’m a complete human being. I have my spiritual part like every other person. Everybody knows how to pray. Then again, as a human being, I have feelings. I love people. I love my parents. I want to appreciate them. I don’t want everything to be ‘churchy.’ If I like you and I want to sing about you, I should be able to do that. I don’t want to be restricted because I’m being tagged a gospel singer. The days are gone when I was referred to as a gospel artiste. It doesn’t have to do with the fact that some people think that secular music is where the money is. I do inspirational songs as well. There are issues I want to talk about. I have my fans and I know what they like. That is why I decided to separate my CDs.

Meeting Ghanaian star Becca

Becca is a big star in Ghana. I featured her in Dan Mariyo. I was in Ghana and I saw her video. People around me told me it would be nice to do something with her. I agreed. My people contacted her manager and she also agreed to do a stuff with me. She came down to Nigeria and we did the song and it turned out very beautiful. You know she is a wonderful artiste.

Joy of the awards I’ve won

I agree that I have gone higher in my career. It is the Lord’s doing. I thank God for it. I feel good that people appreciate what I do and honour me with awards. It makes me want to do more and try to get better. I’m enjoying it. I appreciate every single award I have received. I’m so grateful to everybody for the awards.

Me and Timaya

I featured Timaya in my Kokoroko song and we were a wonderful combination. I don’t agree that we are two extremes. Timaya loves God. He may not be singing pure Christian songs, but that doesn’t mean he is not a good person. He is God-fearing. He is an amazing person. I listen to his songs and I like them. Everybody loves God and that is what counts. If I like somebody and I feel I should work with the person, I go ahead and do it, not caring what some other people think about the person.

New insight into Branama

It is true I have done several versions of the song Branama. It is not really my fault. Branama means ‘Show off’ in Urhobo language. Most people don’t even know my real name, they just call me Branama. I like the name a lot. Some people also think it is my surname, and to be honest, I don’t even mind. When I opened a restaurant recently, I decided to name it Branama. I love cooking. Even before I opened the restaurant, my house used to be like a restaurant, so I decided to go commercial. There are a lot of things I would want to do, but I have not even done half of them yet. In all, I don’t intend to leave music. There is even no way I can leave music.

My new marriage

I decided to surprise everybody with my (new) marriage. I didn’t want to make it public and I am so happy I was able to pull it off. I didn’t want to discuss my marriage andmy husband was so cool with the idea. There wasn’t any need telling everybody about it. The surprise added to the spice. I thank God. I am happy. This is one testimony I don’t want to share with anybody. I really want this part of my life to be private. I just want to enjoy it. Marriage has been good. All I know is that he is such a blessing. Old things have passed away and all things have become brand new. I have never been happier. My parents are so happy with my marriage. I wrote Beautiful for my husband. The song was inspired by him. My career takes me outside my home but it doesn’t affect it. My husband is cool with what I do. I am just blessed to have him as my husband.

My ex is not my enemy

I am not at war with anybody. I have told you, I don’t want to talk about old times or my former marriage. I have forgiven and I have forgotten. I don’t want to say anything that you will use as a headline. So please, I am not at war with anybody. I am at peace with everybody. I have forgotten about every low moment. It is even a part of life. I think such things make people better. That is what I believe otherwise things would be so boring. With such drama, your life will be exciting. It is all good. I don’t look back on anything. I don’t have any regret. I don’t have time for regret.

Comment on Twitter

I didn’t expect that my comment, ‘Early morning sex is good,’ which I posted on Twitter would generate such number of comments. I was being factual. That was how I felt that particular time. I don’t regret the post.

My age

The controversy about my age was in February. I wanted to celebrate my birthday and Eva, my friend and colleague, went on Twitter and posted that she was celebrating her friend Kefee, who just turned 21. The comment went viral immediately. People started saying all sorts of things and the debate concerning my age started. How can I be 21? In Dan Mariyo, I almost said my age in the song. I said I was born in the early ’80s. So, where does the age 21 come in? I read the comments and I was just laughing. I am proud to be the ’80s child. I don’t know why everything about me becomes news. People do similar things and get away with it but once it is Kefee, it becomes controversial. But I even see it as a blessing. People are looking for such popularity. That is what I believe in.

Culled from PUNCH

Comments