I’’ll Surpass My Dad’s Achievement – Leo’nel, Zach Orji’s Son


Leo’nel’s real name is Lionel Chukwuemeka Orji and he is the son of popular Nollywood actor, Zach Orji. He’s as well a graduate of Media Studies/Television from the University of Bradford, UK.

Already making his mark as a singer with his two single albums, Baby Joor and Rockstar, both of which are currently enjoying the attention of some radio stations in the country, Leo’nel’s ambition is to do better than his dad in the entertainment industry.

The up-and-coming artiste says he has been singing from a tender age and only decided to make it official in 2007 by recording his first song.
“I have the full blessings of my parents to go into music. They encouraged me to finish my university education before going full time with my music, which is my first love.

“My mom is my home manager, always prodding me not to give up on my musical pursuits. My dad is my mentor, manager, chief motivator, everything rolled into one. He respects my choice of music (hip hop) and I’m always grateful for their unflinching support.

“But I decided to shun film acting, though my dad tried to encourage me to go into acting by giving me scripts when I was much younger. Music is my life. I had to wait till I had completed my university education before starting my music career proper. My dream is to surpass my dad’s achievements in Nollywood, in the music scene,” he says.

Culled from PUNCH

Comments