Man Attempted to Rape Me in Hotel – Woman


A 23-year-old woman, Yemi Adesoji, on Wednesday narrated before an Ikeja Magistrate’s Court, Lagos, how a man, Jimoh Musa, attempted to rape her in a hotel room on October 8.

Adesoji told the court that no sooner had she joined her boyfriend, Gabriel Ohima, who was fast asleep in a hotel in Maryland that Musa, who was occupying the next room walked into the place and indecently assaulted her.

She said, “I work as a waitress in another hotel within the same neighbourhood and on that day I closed a little bit late.

“After joining my boyfriend in the room, I forgot to lock the door. I had undressed and was only putting on brassier when Musa walked into the room and attempted to rape me on the bed I was sharing with Ohima.”

The hotelier, Joesph Nelson, said Ohima was fast asleep to the extent that he had to sprinkle him with cold water to get him awake minutes after the incident had happened.

For more updates, join me on Twitter - @simplysamad

Comments