Man Seeks to End 41-Year-Old Marriage Over Absence of Love




The 41-year-old marriage between a certain Mr. Solomon Ijaola Ilo and his wife, Mrs. Mariam Abike Ilo is heading for the rocks.

Initiating the move to bring the marriage to an end, the man ridiculously told a Lagos court that it had become hard for both of them to recall ever being in love.

In the divorce suit, the frail-looking man insisted that all elements of love had deserted their marriage.

In addition to this, he told the court that they no longer trusted each other as their love had faded into mutual suspicion.

He also informed the court that the woman constantly threaten his life. “I once caught her saying she was working on critical plans to put me in bondage.”

He also lamented the woman’s stubborn nature and appealed to the court to dissolve their marriage.

He narrated an incident, which he claimed further cemented his resolve to part ways with the woman.

“I once caught her with another man in our bedroom. She and the man kept moving from one part of the house to another. I don’t know the man but the moment I set my eyes on both of them, I almost lost consciousness.”

To buttress his claim of absence of love he told the court that his wife had almost shattered his life in 1968 when she moved out of the house.

“I left the house for work as usual that day in 1968 and when I returned home, I was devastated to realize my wife had emptied the house. To worsen my plight, she left with the kids. How can anyone expect me to love a woman like that?”

The woman however informed the court that her husband had always neglected his responsibilities as a husband and father. “He doesn’t take care of me. It’s sad but it’s true.”

Ordering both parties to maintain peace, the court president stated that the court would counsel both parties after the court session. The matter was adjourned to a later date.

Comments