My Best Yet to Come – Ibrahimovic


Zlatan Ibrahimovic feels he has yet to hit peak form since his move from AC Milan to Paris Saint Germain, and says he has plenty more to offer the game.

The 31-year-old Swedish international joined the Ligue 1 club for around €20m in the summer – a move that made him the most expensive ever football player in combined transfer fees – with a total valuation of €180million.

“I am not yet at 100 per cent fitness,” Ibrahimovic is quoted by fifa.com. “I’ve scored goals and I’ve played well but I’ve had two matches when I wasn’t good and my teammates know it.”
Despite scoring an impressive nine goals in six matches so far for PSG, the talismanic front man has promised to continue working hard on the training pitch, in order to gain better results for Carlo Ancelotti’s side.

“Each day that you play and every match that you play, you get stronger in experience,” he explained. “I feel I am getting better with each year that passes and I’m playing in a manner that I want to play.

“The day I stop progressing is the day that I stop playing football.”

In the past, Ibrahimovic has been criticised for his work-rate in the big matches, but he emphatically answered his detractors by scoring and dominating in some of the biggest matches in football, including the Milan Derby, the El Clasico and in ties from the Champions League, against some of the strongest opponents in football.

Comments