Guess What Wizkid and Davido Did @Headies


The sixth edition of the annual Hip Hop World Awards aka Headies was staged last Saturday in Lagos to a rousing excitement. The programme, which was slated for 7 pm, did not kick off until midnight. It ended by 4 am.

It was quite touching to see Wizkid pause on his way to the backstage to hug and pump fists with Davido and his crew at their front row seats. The gesture, no doubt, put an end to the rumour that both artistes were not on speaking terms.

A few minutes before then, Davido, who dedicated his awards to his late mother, came close to shedding tears as he performed the hit song, Damiduro, on stage.
“I almost shed tears on the stage when suddenly I recalled the unnecessary envy and attacks I had suffered lately. I asked myself why all that beef on me? I just happened to be the son of a rich man. I have love in my heart for everyone. I cannot hurt a fly and that’s why I was overwhelmed with emotions on stage,” he told PUNCH.

While Modenine was presenting the 2012 award to Vector, he said to the latter, “I heard you’d like to step into my shoes.”

Vector answered with a smile, “Yes, I use size 12.”

Modenine said, “Sorry, I wear size 14.”

Then Vector said jokingly, “Ha, bros, if your shoe size is 14, I pity your wife.”

A day earlier, at the same venue, the organiser of the award, and MTN, hosted the veterans of the music industry in Orlando Julius, Fatai Rolling Dollar, Dele Abiodun, Shina Peters, Felix Lebarty, Onyeka Onwenu, Stella Monye, Orits Wiliki, Salawa Abeni, Daddy Showky, Daddy Fresh, Baba Fryo, Mike Okri and host of others to a night of nostalgia, applause and celebration of the past.

Culled from PUNCH

Comments

Post a Comment

Please Leave a comment