Ibrahimovic: I Once Rejected Arsenal Because Wenger Insisted On a Trial!


Zlatan Ibrahimovic turned down the chance to move to Arsenal because boss Arsene Wenger wanted the Sweden striker to go through a trial.

The PSG player was a teenager when he met up with Wenger in 2000 to discuss a possible move to north London.

Ibrahimovic, 30, told The Sun: 'Arsene gave me the famous red and white jersey - the No 9 shirt with Ibrahimovic on it and I was so pleased I even posed for a picture wearing it.

'It was a fantastic moment for me. Arsenal had a great team then and here was an Arsenal shirt made just for me.

'So then I waited for him to convince me that I should join Arsenal. But he didn't even try.
'He never actually made me a serious offer, it was more, "I want to see how good you are, what kind of player you are. Have a trial".

'I couldn't believe it. I was like, "No way, Zlatan doesn't do auditions".

'I thought "You either know me or you don't and if you don't know me you can't really want me".

'You see, even back then I had great faith in myself, even though I was still young.

'I’m sure that some other young players might have agreed to try out because this was the famous Arsenal team and this was Arsene Wenger.

'But I knew it wasn’t just Arsenal who wanted me — Roma wanted me and Ajax wanted me.

'So I said "No" and, in the end, I signed for Ajax instead. It was the perfect choice.

Ibrahimovic instead chose to join Ajax, where he began a run of eight consecutive league crowns, a streak that took in spells at Juventus, Inter, Barcelona, Milan and now PSG.

Source: DAILYMAIL

Comments

  1. With hаvin sο much written cοntеnt do you ever run іnto any ρroblеms of plagorism or
    сopyгight violаtion? My site hаs a lot of exclusіve content I've either created myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my permission. Do you know any techniques to help reduce content from being stolen? I'd gеnuіnely appreciate it.


    Also νisit mу website; Birmingham massage

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it when individuals get together and share
    views. Great site, continue the good work!On-line Investing is simple,
    gives you serious experience of shopping for http:
    //www.doghousegamer.com/groups/pain-and-ache-free-football-shirt-secrets-and-techniques-uncovered/ and safe
    and sound and effortless method of obtaining on site

    Also visit my web-site; jersey shirt

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a comment