'I Was High on Cocaine': Mike Tyson Admits to Filming 'The Hangover' on Drugs


 He admitted in 2010 he agreed to play a caricature of himself in The Hangover to fund his drug habit.

And now Mike Tyson has revealed that he was high on cocaine while shooting the cameo in the hit film, which became the highest-grossing R-rated comedy in the United States.

The 46-year-old heavyweight champion, who was a fan of director Todd Phillips' Old School, told Yahoo! Sports: 'I was a mess. I was overweight. I was a pig, high on cocaine.'
Speaking on In Depth With Graham Bensinger, Tyson reiterated he only signed on to the project to 'supply his drug habit', according to producers.

In the 2009 movie, the notorious boxer threatens to harm the Wolfpack unless they return his stolen tiger, but in real life the cast inspired him to change his lifestyle.

'They had to know I was messed up. I couldn't talk. I had the cocaine talk,' Tyson said of Ed Helms, Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, and Justin Bartha.

'So those guys are just beautiful people. They had my back, and I appreciate that and stuff, then they asked me to come back [in The Hangover 2].'

Back in 2007, the boxer was convicted of possession of cocaine and a DUI and the year prior, Tyson checked into rehab after a similar arrest.

Culled from DAILYMAIL

Comments