Goldie's Husband, Celebrities Pay Tribute at Her Burial


 
Family, friends, colleagues and fans gathered yesterday at the Ikoyi Vaults and Gardens in Lagos to say a final goodbye to late singer and former Big Brother Africa contestant, Susan Harvey popularly known as 'Goldie' as she was laid to rest.

It was a flood of emotions to the late music star as the likes of Weird MC, Kenny Ogungbe, KSB, Denrele Edun and others paid written tributes to her.

Her husband, Andrew painted a very vivid picture of their first encounter and how Goldie had come into his life when he wrote, "Susan you walked into my life. It was like God sent you as a fresh breath. I still remember your response to my first love message. You said, ‘Love killed Romeo, sent Diana to an early grave and killed jack on the Titanic, forget about love, just have friendship and live long. Over time our love grew to a depth I have never known. You were the best years of my life, your smile, your desire to live your dream.”

EME Boss and singer, Banky W also paid tribute to the fallen star. "R. I. P Susan Goldie Harvey. Your life here was cut way too short... but may it inspire us to make the best of our time here," he said.

Cool FM's On-Air-Personality, Kaylah described the late singer’s friend and show host, Denrele's tribute as genuinely touching. "Derenle's tribute to Goldie completely broke me.....True Friendship. R.I.P Goldie Harvey - God bless you."

Goldie's death on February 14 remains a shock for many who have described the day as a 'Black Valentine's Day.'



Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @simplysamad for more exciting gist, photos, interviews, reviews, jokes, quotes and other entertaining content | BB pin: 267F2633

Comments