Egbezi Speaks About His Music, Style and Plans [Interview]


In this exciting interview, fast rising rapper, 'Egbezi' (born Ebzimor Anthony Ogbe) speaks about his music, the elements that inspire him, his musical experiences and of course, where it all began.

Kindly introduce yourself?
My name is Ebzimor Anthony Ogbe; also known by my stage name, 'Egbezi.' I'm a Nigerian Hip Hop artiste straight out of the city of Warri.

How did you come about the name 'Egbezi?'
The name was actually given to me by friends in my hood and to be honest, I don't know how they managed to come up with it but I think they kinda merged my first and last name.

When did you start music?
Well, I'm not going to be like some of those who would tell you that they've been doing it since the day they were born. *laughs* but, what I can tell you is that I started music professionally in 2011.

What genre of music best defines your style?
Hip-Hop basically.



What inspires your kind of music?
Normal everyday happenings of our society. The street to be more precise.

Who are your musical inspirations?
Other than God and Tupac, I'm my biggest inspiration.

All join, could you tell us precisely what inspired it?
Like I already knew you'd ask *laughs*. For me, it was about letting the world know that as a human, you can't please everyone, no matter how hard you try. So, you should just be yourself, and put on that "I no dey care" kinda attitude and let them 'haters' and critics keep talking.

What was growing up like for you?
It was one hell of an adventure and trust me, it was filled with ups and downs, love and hate as well as good and bad times.

Do you play any musical instrument?
As much I'd hate to say this, the answer is 'No.'

When you're preparing for a musical performance, what are your mental and physical rituals?
To be honest, I don't do any special pre-performance preparations. Though I'm a little bit shy, but once I grab the mic, my brother 'na another me u go see entirely.'

Who would you like to collaborate with locally and internationally when the time is ripe for that?
On the local scene, apart from those whom I've already worked with; Adol, A-Q, Boogey and others, i would love to work with Burna Boy, Waje, and maybe GT Tha Guitarman. On the international scene, if there's any at all, it'd be Kendrick Lamar.


How was working with A-Q on 'Dying To Live?'
Men! It was fun. I mean, it felt really great working with someone who actually understands that Hip-Hop isn't all about the rhymes, the flows or the punchlines. I mean, it was an awesome experience.

What's the next project you're keeping in perspective?
Definitely, I'm working on my debut album titled 'Inoculation.' But before then, you all should be expecting some dope singles from me sometime soon and also my mixtape 'Street Motivation' is out too. You're all going to love it.

Below are links to Egbezi's previous works:

Street Motivation [The Mixtape ]: http://t.co/GuqP7pjC3D

All join [Video]: http://m.youtube.com/?client=mv-rim

Egbezi's twitter handle: @egbezi


Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @simplysamad for more exciting gist, photos, interviews, reviews, jokes, quotes and other entertaining content | BB pin: 267F2633

Comments

Post a Comment

Please Leave a comment