Quote of the Week [Seun Kuti Shares a Secret]




I had a chat with Seun Kuti recently and he told me a whole lot of things.

Here's one of the quotes I extracted from out interesting chat:

"The only thing I see about marijuana is that people are bolder with it these days than they used to be in the past because the Nigerian society is becoming more advanced. It’s becoming more developed. Even in Europe, the problem is that the government no longer knows what to do with ‘Igbo (marijuana).’ The consequence of using it is not so high even in the Nigerian constitution. The first time I smoked, I was in the university. I was in college in Liverpool with my Oyinbo friends. That was in 2003. That has always been a very baffling fact for me because I grew up in Kalakuta and all the while I was staying in Kalakuta, I did not smoke Igbo. In college, my Oyinbo friends were able to pressurize me into smoking Igbo and that’s why I feel peer pressure is bigger than any other pressure. Since then, it’s been a part of me."

- Seun Kuti

Seun Kuti is the son of legendary Afrobeat King, Fela Anikulapo Kuti and he has dedicated his life to his musical career and remains a very passionate about Afrobeat music.

Comments

  1. The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency on Friday said controversial Nigerian actress, Tonto Dikeh, risks a minimum of 15 years in jail for encouraging the consumption of hemp. I only pray that this is a ruse just for publicity purposes only. I love and pray for Ms. Dikeh. I hope that all her haters will come to her defence. So many lives are ruined by the war on drugs. My heart hurts for the victims of this crazy war against humanity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please Leave a comment