Shakira Praises Husband Gerard Pique




Colombian singer Shakira sings a new tune in the July issue of ELLE magazine -- the praises for husband Gerard Pique.

"He has his own world and that's actually one of the healthiest things about the relationship," Shakira, 36, says of her Spanish Soccer star husband, 26. "I know that he's the one person who is with me not because of any interest other than the love than unites us.

"There's nothing I can offer him beyond my womanhood – does that word exist in English?"

The couple met in 2010 when Pique appeared in the video for her single "Waka Waka (This Time For Africa), which was the official song of the 2010 FIFA World Cup. She confirmed that she and Gerard were together in March 2011.

"For a few years... I was not feeling the love," she tells ELLE. "Suddenly I meet Gerard and the sun comes out."


The couple announced that they were expecting their first child last September, and she gave birth to a son, Milan, on January 22.

"I'm still trying to figure it out," she says of motherhood. "And I have a feeling I will try to do the same for the rest of my life. Some people put it like it's very idyllic, some people put it like it's a torturing experience, but it's not quite one thing or the other. It's like life – it comes with everything."

Check out Shakira's full interview in the July issue of ELLE magazine, on newsstands June 25.

Culled from STARPULSE



 Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @simplysamad for more exciting gist, photos, interviews, reviews, jokes, quotes and other entertaining content | BB pin: 267F2633

Comments