Finally! Gareth Bale Joins Madrid


After weeks of so much anticipation and anxiety for both Madrid and Spurs fans, Spanish club, Real Madrid have finally confirmed Gareth Bale's world record switch.


The Welsh who reportedly signed a 6-year deal worth 100 million euros (£85.3m) would be unveiled tomorrow, September 2nd at the Bernabeu.

They announced on their website, "Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur have reached an agreement for the transfer of Gareth Bale, who will be contracted to the club for the next six seasons."

The 24 year-old has however written a parting note for his fans at White Hart Lane, "I am not sure there is ever a good time to leave a club where I felt settled and was playing the best football of my career to date," he said.


"I know many players talk of their desire to join the club of their boyhood dreams, but I can honestly say, this is my dream come true. I am well aware that I would not be at the level I am today were it not for firstly Southampton and then Spurs standing by me during some of the tougher times and affording me the environment and support they have.

He continued, "Tottenham will always be in my heart and I'm sure that this season will be a successful one for them. I am now looking forward to the next exciting chapter in my life, playing football for Real Madrid."


Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @simplysamad for more exciting gist, photos, interviews, reviews, jokes, quotes and other entertaining content | BB pin: 267F2633

Comments