Nollywood actress, Biola Ige is pretty, controversial, has endured the turbulence that pervades the Nigerian entertainment industry and has made it clear that her decision to become an actress was neither experimental nor accidental.
She is one of those actresses who has weathered the storm that comes with stardom without losing grip of her dreams and ambition within the walls of the Nigerian movie industry also known as Nollywood and quite lot has been said about her activities on and off-camera.
In this piece, we will dissect all the rumours and unconfirmed facts in the life of this actress and present the facts, moment and other interesting sides to the life of this gorgeous actress.
- She hails from Ilesha in Osun State
- She was born into a family of five
- Biola Ige is the last child in her family
- She once suffered a malignant growth of her thyroid gland, which affected her neck, neck, complexion and other sensitive parts of her body.
- Just when some of her fans feared the worse, she was flown to India and successfully had the growth removed
- She was born in Wukari in Taraba State
- Biola Ige has been a professional actress for 4 years
- She has officially made it clear that she abandoned her Christian faith for Hinduism and when asked why, she simply replied that she found peace therein. “I was into Hinduism before I travelled to India. I was a Christian before I changed my faith and I must tell you I have found peace in Hinduism. And in India, I felt at home. I didn’t feel like returning to Nigeria again because everyone was so nice to me.”
- On the strength of her scandals, she stands out as one of the most controversial actresses in NollywoodOne of the biggest factors that has helped her come thus far as an actress is the support of her dad
- Unlike actresses who accidentally find themselves in front of rolling cameras, Biola Ige had always wanted to be an actress
- So ambitious was Biola Ige that she had her sight cast on the height of the acting world; Hollywood
- While she was in secondary school, her dad had promised her that he would fund her trip to the United States upon completion but fate dealt her a hard strike when her dad could not afford it when the time was ripe
- Her first role was in the movie, ‘Blindfold,’ produced by OJ productions
She openly admitted that her sickness slowed her down a great deal especially with a strong reference to the number of movies she would have been cast in
She has repeatedly dismissed rumours making the rounds that Tonto Dikeh was allegedly responsible for her ailment. “We were not even friends before I fell sick. And why would Tonto Dike want to harm me when she has made a name for herself?”
When the time to settle into matrimony comes, Biola Ige has since asked married men to consider themselves permanently off the list of prospects
She considers herself incapable of sharing her man with another woman
If you’ve ever wondered which part of her body she single out as her sexiest, it’s her eyes
Biola Ige has no problem taking up roles that many would consider X-rated as she says it’s all part of the world of make-believe. “It’s all about pretending to have sex and yes, i have done that in many movies but they were never real.”
As surprising as this might sound, her father was the one who inspired her and stirred her interest in acting
She was a bit of a tomboy when she was much younger
She attended Jenkabi Nursery and Primary School Wukari and Yak Sin Government Day Secondary School, Wukari
The actress eventually completed her secondary education at Unity Grammar School, Ikaare Irede
As at June 2014, she officially had over 20 Nollywood roles to her credit
Some of the movies she has been cast in include My Fantasy, Pregnant Hawkers, Blackmail, My Flavour, Holy City, Ground Player and Dearest Link
The most challenging role she has ever taken up was in the movie, ‘Shakira,’ which was shot in Ghana
When it comes to taking up roles, she detests stereotypes. “As an actress, you have to be versatile. Versatility is the key to grow in the movie industry,” she added
She once expressed unhappiness at being unable to do regular things like boarding a public bus and buying roasted plantain by herself
Do you have any idea what excites her most about being a celebrity? Well, it’s the fact that she does what she truly loves and gets paid for it
On her semi-nude picture with Muna Obiekwe that went viral online, Biola Ige explained that it was a photo captured on the set of the movie, ‘Pregnant Hawkers adding that it was all part of the movie
She insists that she was never really shaken by the controversy that greeted her semi-nude picture and simply considered it a distraction
When she isn’t working in front of a camera, she spends her time reading inspirational books and listening to R&B music
Her style philosophy is dressing for oneself and not for others. “I like comfortable clothing that fit,” she once said
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @simplysamad for more exciting gist, photos, interviews, reviews, jokes, quotes and other entertaining content | BB pin:...
By: SAMOD BIOBAKU