Iggy Azalea responds to Nicki Minaj’s BET Awards diss


Iggy Azalea has broken her silence on Nicki Minaj‘s supposed BET Awards diss.

When Nicki Minaj went up to accept her award for Best Female Hip-Hop Artist, she made a point to state that she writes all of her own lyrics — which many took as a dig at fellow nominee Azalea.


Minaj not only addressed the controversy herself during her speech (repeating the phrase “no shade” multiple times), but she also took to Twitter to clarify her remarks. And now the ‘Fancy’ rapper is sounding off herself, saying she is ‘unbothered’ by the controversy in a lengthy Instagram post.

Iggy Azalea
“Also, just wanna say I think it's dope that there was even a debate & conversation about who would win ‘Best Female Rapper’ this year. Usually I feel like the award is overlooked. I'm happy there was anticipation in regards to who'd get it & congrats to Nicki for winning.”

Nicki Minaj
"The media puts words in my mouth all the time and this is no different. I will always take a stance on women writing b/c I believe in us! I believe we're smart enough to write down our own thoughts and perspective,  just like the men do. I've been saying this for 5 YEARS. I've congratulated Iggy on the success of Fancy, publicly. She should be very proud of that. All the women nominated should b proud."


Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @simplysamad for more exciting gist, photos, interviews, reviews, jokes, quotes and other entertaining content | BB pin: 2B3D28E3.
By: SAMOD BIOBAKU

Comments