Carrie Underwood Expecting a Baby


Carrie Underwood will soon have a little one at home to sing to. The country singer announced on Monday that she's expecting her first child with her husband, Mike Fisher.

The 31-year-old shared her happy news on Labor Day, of course, posting a photo of herself with her two dogs, Ace and Penny, who had on "big brother" and "big sister" shirts.

"In honor of "Labor" Day... Ace & Penny would like to make an announcement," wrote the "Mama's Song" crooner. "Their parents couldn't be happier!"

Fisher retweeted Underwood's announcement, then followed with another funny post about baby names, writing, "We haven't picked names yet but it's looking like Fly is gonna fly. #boyorgirl #flyfisher."

The American Idol winner and her hockey player husband, 34, met at one of her concerts in 2008. They tied the knot at the Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation in Greensboro, Georgia, in July 2010.

The adorable couple recently did the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge together, getting a big soaking from a bulldozer. The songstress didn't let on in the video that three of them were getting dunked.

Underwood was in no rush to start a family. Just last year, she admitted she felt that she was "too young" to become a mom.

"It's so funny, I still think of myself I guess being much younger than I actually am," she said to Marie Claire in June 2013. "I'm like, I'm too young to have kids when I'm 29 years old, so I'm really not [ready]. I have only been married two years. I really want to enjoy that and really figure that out a little better before we start throwing so much responsibility into that."

However, she did have a number in mind. She told Access Hollywood in 2012 that Mike wanted a big family, while she felt that two kids was the right number.

"I think I'll win that battle," she said with a wink, though admitted she would also be open to adopting later on.

Culled from YAHOO CELEBRITY


Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @simplysamad for more exciting gist, photos, interviews, reviews, jokes, quotes and other entertaining content |
By: SAMOD BIOBAKU

Comments