Many have argued that the Nigerian movie industry is riddled with enough controversies to last 10 generations of gifted families but in the midst of such high-level scandals, the rare presence of actresses who have denied to odds by emerging scandal-free is one that sometimes defies any logical explanation and this is precisely where Nollywood actress, Belinda Effah comes into the picture.
On the strength of her beauty and physical allure, many would easily assume that such an actress would inevitably find herself on the list of some of the most scandalised actress Nigeria has churned out in the last three decades but as her track records have shown, Belinda has indeed weathered the storm to find herself on the list Nollywood’s scandal-free faces and names.
In this piece, we will reel out 27 facts, moments and interesting details in the life of this gorgeous actress.
- Belinda Effah is an actress and TV presenter
- She hails from Cross River
- Belinda Effah attended Hillside International Nursery/Primary School, Navy Secondary School in Port Harcourt and the University of Calabar
- She came into Nollywood between 200 and 2006
- In 2006, she placed 6th the movie-based reality TV show, The Next Movie Star
- She once worked as an On-Air Personality (OAP) for Soundcity
- She studied Genetics and Biotechnology in the higher institution
- Belinda Effah once secured a movie role (Simi in ‘Tales of Eve’) via higher Facebook account
- Before she got the role in the movie ‘Tales of Eve,’ she had a 9 to 5 job
- To her, acting is what her entire life represents. “It’s very personal to me,” she once said.
- She loves and admires writers
- Beinda Effah considers herself a better actress than a presenter
- As a young girl, her father worked with the Nigerian Navy while her mum was a businesswoman
- She was raised in home filled with love, food and laughter
- She constantly strives towards perfection and considers this her weakness
- Did you know she has 13 siblings? Well, she does
- She feels harassed if a guy stares at her lustfully
- Her biggest inspiration on set is God
- She got her big break when she featured in Emem Isong’s ‘Udeme Mmi’
- Belinda Effah has won AMAA’s Best Rising Actress in Africa award
- She had always dreamt of studying Medicine but had to settle for Genetics and Biotechnology
- Some of her mentors include Genevieve Nnaji, Mercy Johnson, Majid Michel, Desmond Elliot, Lancelot Imasuen, Emem isong and Uche Jumbo
- She has a project called ‘Belinda Advocacy Against Rape’
- The first movie she ever acted in was titled ‘The Room;’ a short film by M.Net productions where she played the role of Nkoyo and worked with veteran cinematographer, Tunde Kelani
- She enjoys travelling and shopping
- To relax, she goes to see movies with friends
- She dresses to suit her mood
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @simplysamad for more exciting gist, photos, interviews, reviews, jokes, quotes and other entertaining content | BB pin: 7FED3C8A
By: SAMOD BIOBAKU